International Conference on Social Responsibility and World Religions (SRWR 2018)
20th - 21st October 2018, Minhaj University Lahore, Pakistan
Program Book -------
Theme: The Social Responsibility of the Religions
Call for Paper
Religions are concerned not only with life in the world to come but have a social
responsibility for the enhancement of human life in this world. Followers of these
religions need constant reminders of their social responsibilities. The first step
the religions need to take is to recognize and articulate the socio-political, ethical,
environmental and gender issues of people in the modern world. Religions that do
not express these issues convincingly may have weak coherence with a younger generation
of adherents. The aim of this conference is to provide a platform for the articulation
of social responsibility from a religious perspective. The conference will raise
awareness of the responsibility that world religions have to speak out on social
justice. The conference will also seek ways in which the religions can work together
to address issues of social responsibility that they have in common.
- What is the responsibility of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism
and Sikhism to speak out on local and global issues of social justice?
- What do the religions say about specific social issues such as the increasing
population of the world, the role of the media, the importance of freedom of
speech and care for the environment?
- What are the social and political rights of modern citizens in society?
- How do the religions view democracy and the participation of social minorities
- What can the religions say about the changing role of women in society?
- How can the religions support women empowerment?
- What is the connection between spirituality and social responsibility?
- How can the religions nourish the spiritual life of a social activist?
- According to the world religions, what responsibility do the newly emerging
sciences have towards issues facing the modern world?
- The religions & their responsibility for education
- The religions & human rights
- The religions & their responsibility for fundamentalism.
International Speakers include:
- Mr. Charles Andrew Hogg (Australia)
- Dr. Shanthikumar Hettiarachchi (Sri Lanka)
- Dr. Safiyanu Ishiaku (Nigeria)
- Prof. Dr. Emmanuel o. Inyama (Nigeria)
- Dr. Ibrahim Olatunde Uthman (Nigeria)
- Prof. Dr. Imtiyaz Yusuf (Thailand)
- Prof. Dr. Mohd. Abdul Rahman Anwari (Bangladesh)
- Ms. Putri Silaturrahmi (Indonesia)
- Rusny Istiqomah Sujono (Indonesia)
- Dr. Nazir Ahmad Zargar (India)
- Ms. Somayyeh Soleymani (Iran)
- Norazlina Zakaria (Malaysia)
- Ms. Siti Sarawati Johar (Malaysia)
- Dr. Clarence Davedassan (Malaysia)
Conference Research Papers will be published in the university's social sciences
- Abstract Deadline: 29th June 2018
- Abstract Acceptance Notification: 3rd July 2018
- Full Paper Deadline: 17th August 2018
- Acceptance Notification: 31st August 2018
- Participant Registration Deadline: 15th October 2018
- Conference Date: 20th and 21st October 2018
Presenters from abroad 100/- USD
Local (faculty members) 5000/- PKR
Non-presenter participants 1000/- PKR
FOR FURTHER DETAILS
Mr. Khurram Shahzad -
Mr. Sajjad Ahmad -
Mr. Umair Abbas -
Registration of Non-Presenter Participants
Ms. Samreen Khurram Aftab
Mr. Muhammad Omer
Minhaj University Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Landline: +924235145621-624, +924235233121,