Admission to various degree programmes is announced in the National Newspapers.
The entry requirements have been laid down in the Prospectus.
Admission is made normally twice in a year under the semester system.
Criteria for admission is merit based on the marks obtained in the previous Board/
University examination followed by the written test and interview by the Admission
Committee. Procedure for admission is laid down in the subsequent paragraphs.
- Inquiry Card: This card has been designed to collect relevant information
about the candidates in order to guide them in choosing the possible programme
- Application Form : Generally a candidate fills up this card at the time
of his/her visit to the admission office. The application form for admission
is provided with the prospectus of each Faculty and is placed at the end. The
candidates are to fill up this application form in their own hand writing and
submit it along with the required documents to the Admission Office before the
- Admission Test Card : The Admission Test Card is issued at the time of submitting
the application form . A candidate must keep this card with him/her at the time
of taking admission test. The admission test fee is Rs.100.
- Admission Test/ Interview : The main objective of conducting the Admission
Test/Interview is to evaluate the aptitude, academic potential and the level
of achievement of the applicant. The admission is offered to those candidates
only who qualify the test/interview and fulfill all the requirements and conditions
set by the management to maintain the standard of education with moral upkeep.
- Enrolment Slip: The enrolment slip is issued to the qualified candidates
to notify them to deposit their respective dues with the Accounts Office/Cashier
within due date.
- Fee Deposit: The admission is confirmed only when the required fee is deposited
in full as per fee deposit scheduled by the candidate within due date.
- Confirmation Letter: The confirmation letters of admission are dispatched
at the postal address of the students.
- Orientation Session: An Orientation program is organized just before start
of 1st Semester. The students are briefed about curriculum, study programs,
general rules and regulations, students conduct including dress code, detailed
introduction of the University / respective Departments. The students also physically
visit various Departments of the University.
- The University students are expected to be well behaved and well disciplined
during their stay at the Campus. Any contrary behaviour is liable to disciplinary
action which may result in fine, expulsion or rustication depending upon the
nature and gravity of the offence.
- A two hour motivational program per week based on lectures of Prof. Dr.
Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, Chairman, Board of Governors, Minhaj University Lahore,
is arranged for students for better understanding of Islamic values and religious
grooming. Attendance of all students is compulsory.
- Students shall follow the dress code of the University. Women students must
wear full gown, a scarf or shalwar Kamiz (full sleeve) with dopatta. Boys must
wear shirt & pant or shalwar kamiz with waist coat.
- All dues must be cleared by the date indicated in the schedule of the payment
of dues within the specified date.
Late clearance of dues will have the following fines.
- After due date Rs.10 per day for 5 days
- Expulsion from the class after 5 days default with fine of Rs 40. per day
till he/she allowed to re-join the classes after clearance of the dues .
- After 15 days of default the name will be removed from the rolls of the
- Students of category (iii) above may seek one-time re-admission by paying
Rs. 3,000- 5,000 at the discretion of the University, within one month of expulsion.
- Students must attend all the classes regularly in their own interest to
avoid fine. However, the students absenting themselves from the class will be
fined (i) Rs. 10 per period (ii) Rs.40 per day.
- The name of the student will be struck off the rolls after 15 days of continuous
absence without leave.
- Students must take care of the University property, preserve it and avoid
any damage. In case of any damage to the property including library books, furniture,
laboratory equipment, hostel property etc. The involved students will have to
pay for the damaged property.
- Leave is generally restricted to 2-3 days in dire necessity. Students are
advised to plan family visits/functions during the closure of University for
Winter/Summer/ end of semester vacation to avoid absence from the classes.
- Students must be in possession of Minhaj University ID card at all times
and produce the card for verification on demand by the University, faculty/staff
or any govt. official.
- Use of mobile phone or carrying the phone in the class room, library, laboratory
- Students must make themselves conversant with detailed University rules
and regulations for academics, discipline and hostel and abide by these in letter